Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Being a Parent, Who Happens to be a Teacher, is Hard

Over the past few weeks I have been having many conversations with different friends who happen to be both parents and teachers. We have come to the same consensus. Being a parent of a school age child, when your second job is teaching, is hard!

It is hard for so many reasons...

As a teacher, my first inclination is to tell my child's teacher how my child learns best, but instead I keep my mouth shut.

As a teacher, I know what classroom discipline techniques work best with my child, but instead I let her learn.

As a teacher, I need to be careful not to overstep my boundaries.

As a teacher, I can't let my child see my worry when he is struggling. I just need to work harder to support my child's teacher at home.

As a parent, I know too much because I am a teacher.

As a parent, I know nothing, because according to my child, I am not his teacher!





No comments:

Post a Comment