Friday, March 17, 2017

Just Past Twelve Fifteen in the Morning

I went to bed around 11:15 last night because I was bound and determined to correct every paper I had. At 11:45 p.m., my youngest came into my room to tell me her eye hurt. I was so tired I told her to get into bed with me. At 12:15 a.m. she told me her eye hurt again and she couldn't close it. I was quickly awake and turned on the light. To say I wasn't freaked out by what I saw would be an understatement. I texted a picture to my husband who was out with friends after work (second shift). He was home within 15 minutes getting her ready to take her to the ER.

What was most concerning was the side of her head that had ballooned up was in the exact same spot where she fell and hit her head last weekend while roller skating. So off those two went while I want back to my room to "try" to sleep.

I closed my eyes. Nothing.
I tried to relax. Nothing.
I sat up to check my phone. Nothing.

Waiting is the worst. Especially when it looks worse than it is.

Eventually they came back and everything was fine.

And she slept in between us, so I could keep an eye on her. Well, she slept. I mostly watched her.

That is, until my alarm went off two hours later.


5 comments:

  1. Parenting and teaching always tough! Glad she is ok. Get some sleep this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing! Hope you get some sleep this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! Hopefully you can all relax this weekend. Can't believe the bump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geez! That's a pretty big bump! She looks like a trooper. I hope you are snoozing right now. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How frightening. I am glad she's okay. Hopefully you get to sleep today.

    ReplyDelete