Sunday, March 17, 2019

Six Words

Yesterday was my last day of taking a medicine that helps me to breathe a bit easier due to asthmatic bronchitis. And I can feel today the effects of not having it. If you aren't familiar with this condition, it is when asthma and bronchitis collide. It is a double whammy and takes a toll on your lungs. Over the years I have been able to be proactive and make sure it doesn't get this bad. But not this year.

It has been two weeks since I have worked out. Normally I would be going nuts but just walking from one end of the house to the other is exhausting. I don't know how people who deal with this all the time, deal with this. For me, I am trying to take it one day at a time. Hopefully wake up just a little bit better than when I went to sleep. And sleep is where I am going as soon as I am done writing this. Because my lungs need rest. So in honor of this little setback I am dealing with right now, I have created a six word memoir to describe exactly how I am feeling. 


My lungs are a weighted heaviness. 




4 comments:

  1. That sounds incredibly frustrating and challenging to deal with. I hope that you are able to sleep restfully and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your six words certainly paint a picture and I can only imagine your frustration! I hope you begin to turn a corner soon. Being sick is awful enough but when it spirals you out of your routine too, ICK! Here's to rest and hopefully a reset is in your future soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that by memorializing what and how you are feeling you will gain a bit more power over it. Good luck, focus on rest and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My aunt has this! I was just with her, hearing about how she is on the mend...but it happens every winter, for the past four years. I am so sorry! Good six words. May you be well!

    ReplyDelete