Saturday, March 18, 2017

Untitled

I tend to wait until the last minute to correct my papers over the weekend but due to an unexpected one child needed to miss gymnastics today, I found myself at home with her all afternoon. After cuddling and watching a movie, I figured I would be proactive and get something done. I usually like to relax on Saturdays and save my school work for Sundays, but tomorrow is a busy day and there are a lot of papers.

I felt determined. I was able to get through all the late work that was turned in. I then sat back and started correcting my students' magazines they did for our informational writing. I got the idea from the blogger Teaching With a Mountain View. If you have never visited her blog, I strongly suggest it. This was the first year my students did these magazines, and I LOVED how they turned out. When I am able to see how far the students have come through a project like this, it makes the correcting less tedious. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them all.

And tomorrow, I might be able to relax a little bit.

After I stop in at school.




7 comments:

  1. What a cool idea for writing! I love this! I was the same way with my grading as you. Put it off until the weekend; it got harder to do that over time but it was good homework for getting into the right mindset for Mondays. Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are able to relax tomorrow. Looking over the progress of students is so rewarding sometimes. Thanks for the blog post recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are able to relax tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like Teaching with a Mountain View. She always has good stuff to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea for writing-will have to look into this further. I hope you are able to find some rest tomorrow, so you are able to start your week refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take some time to relax tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Success!! You deserve a break!

    Thanks for this post and the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete