Friday, March 15, 2019

Not My Post

This is not the post I want to write today because my 13 year old son woke up at 6 am puking in the bathroom sink after first making sure he left his mark on his fleece blanket.

This is not the post I want to write today because my husband had an early morning meeting and I had to drop the girls off to school while my son stayed in his bed.

This is not the post I want to write today because I had exactly four hours from when my son's medicine wore off and when I could come home to check on him because my husband's meeting was a few hours away.

This is not the post I want to write today because during my lunch I drove back home to check on my son and gave him more medicine so he could make it to when my husband would be home a few hours later.

This is not the post I want to write today because I feel as though my head wasn't with my STEAM students even though I was physically there.

This is not the post I want to write today because I left the two things at school that I needed for this post. Because that is how my mind has been all day.

This is not the post I want to write today...

10 comments:

  1. I've spent much of my week in that physically there but not quite mentally present space as well. You may not have written the post you wanted to today, but it seems like you wrote the one that was exactly what you needed. Sending healthy energy and hopes for a weekend reboot your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am familiar with the day you so accurately describe in your post. The good thing is that once you fetch those two things from school, you’ll have a slice just waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tomorrow! Because I need to go back to school to get work done. But I was so excited about what happened with my DK kids. I can't wait to write it.

      Delete
  3. Even though this may not be the post you wanted to write, I really enjoyed the repetition and rhythm of the post.
    I'm sorry for your home situation. Thankfully, it's Friday. I hope you can all heal and rest before Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Maybe if Spring would arrive we could get rid of some of these germs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tough day! These days make us appreciate the ones that are better, though. I hope your son is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some days are just not the days we planned to write about. I hope tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your heart. What a day! You made it, though, and the repetition in your post was just wonderful....even though it wasn't what you wanted to write, you made the slice amazing. I hope your kiddo is better and your weekend is fabulous--you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, what a day you have had. It may not have been the post you wanted to write, but it sure was a great one! Love the repetition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a pretty awful day! I hope your son is well soon!

    ReplyDelete