Friday, March 2, 2018

Grill House

It didn't matter that it was 38 degrees outside and snow was still stuck to the lawn. My nine year old daughter had this idea that she would have her own restaurant tonight. And outdoor seating was the only option. Yes, I said that correctly. 

Outside. 

Where it is cold. 

Where the snow hangs on for another day. 

But, she created a menu, set the table, and helped with the preparation as much as she could. 

It was a lovely night. Not one I would have planned but that is what made it great. 

As we ate, we noticed the stars starting to dot the city sky as the sun went to bed. 

We noticed the calmness around as the trees didn't feel like moving. 

And we noticed the cold. The one that found its way to our bones after we had finished eating. 

So with a polite thank you for her service, we went inside and had dessert, the one she picked out. 

It's moments like these that remind me to slow down a little and enjoy life. 




Our waitress for the evening

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I loved this post. I have a nine-year-old as well, and I love her creativity! You were a great sport and sounds like fun...minus the cold! Enjoy these special moments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. Though I'm glad my daughter never had this idea when she was nine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad her vision became reality, even if it was a little cold. Loved how you noticed the trees didn't feel like moving. So many things here that are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a like but on this blog but I don't. So I will just say thank you.

    ReplyDelete