Sunday, March 10, 2019

I Don't

I don't want to write today because my head is in a fog. When I feel like this, my bed is the only place I like to be.

I don't want to write today because my breathing is worrisome. I woke up feeling as though there wasn't enough oxygen in my house.

I don't want to write today because the time change has messed with me. It is 7:20 at night but feels like 4:00 in the afternoon.

I don't want to write today because Sparrow Fast Care was a 60 minute wait. I drove right past knowing I should have stopped. I have already self diagnosed what I have.

I don't want to write today because there is another job I must do. And it can't be put off until tomorrow.

I don't want to write today because I didn't take the time to notice anything. I was trying to navigate through the day so I could get back in my bed to rest.

I don't want to write today.

I just don't.


6 comments:

  1. I suppose this is the best part of the challenge - we learn what it's like to have to write even if the desire isn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that feeling today as well. Which is actually unusual for me. I love to write. But today I just wasn't feeling it. Sometimes it's about personal fulfillment. Sometimes, it's just about fulfilling an commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is me doing the "connection" sign. I didn't feel well most of the day and I had millions of things to do. I took a 3 hour nap. So tired...but feeling a bit better. Got my post done. So grateful for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to write sometimes, but you did a very nice job of writing about not writing. :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. You did a great job. I think Ralph Fletcher has a poem about something like, "You can't write a poem about" something, and he ends it with something like I think I just did. You didn't want to write but you wrote about that feeling. Kudos!

      Delete
  5. My students loved to write about why they couldn't write. I would have loved to share your post with them and those three words at the end! Hope your feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete