Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Unexpected

I was at school very early for various reasons this morning only to find out that I had a snow day. I  easily could have traveled back home to the comfort of my house and crawled back into my pajamas. But instead, I stayed at school.

It was calm and quiet and a familiar place. It's a place that I know I can get work done. And work is what I got done. 

For the next six hours I copied, corrected, and planned. I checked things off my to do list and appreciated the huge block of time to work with no interruptions or places to be. 

It was completely unexpected but very much appreciated because tonight I feel calm. 

And caught up. 

Even if it is only for a little while. 

1 comment:

  1. Our work is usually very busy with people everywhere at all times of the day. It can be such a treat to have these quiet moments with empty rooms to get things accomplished. What a great day you had!

    ReplyDelete